Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Needle Felted Bear Named Beuford


One of my resolutions is to needle felt more in 2011. Well, it's January 12th and I've already done that. Hooray, a resolution accomplished. I just finished up a 8" cub named Beuford. It's been a long time since I needle felted a larger cub or any little critter for that matter. So, it took me a little while to get back into the swing of things. Several faces got started and discarded and after lots of finger pokes (if you've ever needle felted you know these can be pretty darn nasty. Sorry to whine a little, but wow I got a good poke in my index finger that almost ended my needle felting resolution), I started to get a little discouraged. I put my so called bear off to the side and decided to try again another day. This morning I was determined to try again. Lots more shaping, lots more poking and finally a little bear started to come to life. Once Beuford was looking back at me with those big glass eyes, I knew I'd get him finished. I just added Beuford to the website and love his sweet face. Now that he's finished, and my fingers feel a little better, maybe I'll needle felt again tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment